THE 2011-12 NHL FANTASY HOCKEY GUIDE
How real is the Stanley Cup hangover, and will it doom the Bruins?
Do the Sharks have enough talent to finally get over the hump? Heck, will they be able to hold off the ever improving Kings for the Pacific Division lead?
Have the Kings improved enough around Drew Doughty that he can now be considered the best fantasy defender in the game?
When will Sidney Crosby be healthy enough to return to action? Will he be able to play at his career levels when he does?
Can Alexander Ovechkin return to his goal scoring ways. For that matter, what about Ilya Kovalchuk, Nicklas Backstrom and Paul Stastny?
Does Martin Brodeur have one great season left in his bones?
Will Rick Nash and Jeff Carter become one of the most fearsome duo's in the game?
I will not go into detail on any of these points, but you should be able to infer what I'm thinking based on looking at my positional rankings which follow.
(1) Players are only listed at one position.
(2) The rankings assume a rather traditional scoring system.
Offense: Goals, Assists, Plus/Minus, PIM, PPP, Shots on Goal Goaltending: Wins, GAA, Save Percentage, Shutouts
With that, please enjoy my 2011-12 NHL-Guide-BBGuys.
By Ray Flowers
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 5-8 PM EDT and Sunday 7-10 PM EDT), Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Josh Hamilton a week away
- Blue Jays, Santana agree to terms
- Carpenter in agreement on multi-year extension
- Carmelo dishes out season-high 8 dimes
- Jeff Adrien continues to impress
- James Harden scores a game-high 28 points
- X-rays on Nicolas Batum's come back negative
- Kenneth Faried scores a career-high 32 points
- Klay Thompson (back) will not return
- Klay Thompson suffered a lower back strain
"Rios out for fifth consecutive game with Texas Rangers" Team still says he should be fine. http://t.co/VEMG3pWBrQ
Great reserve round target. RT @willie_quatro: Is Sergio santos worth picking up due to Janssens shoulder?