THE 2011-12 NHL FANTASY HOCKEY GUIDE
How real is the Stanley Cup hangover, and will it doom the Bruins?
Do the Sharks have enough talent to finally get over the hump? Heck, will they be able to hold off the ever improving Kings for the Pacific Division lead?
Have the Kings improved enough around Drew Doughty that he can now be considered the best fantasy defender in the game?
When will Sidney Crosby be healthy enough to return to action? Will he be able to play at his career levels when he does?
Can Alexander Ovechkin return to his goal scoring ways. For that matter, what about Ilya Kovalchuk, Nicklas Backstrom and Paul Stastny?
Does Martin Brodeur have one great season left in his bones?
Will Rick Nash and Jeff Carter become one of the most fearsome duo's in the game?
I will not go into detail on any of these points, but you should be able to infer what I'm thinking based on looking at my positional rankings which follow.
(1) Players are only listed at one position.
(2) The rankings assume a rather traditional scoring system.
Offense: Goals, Assists, Plus/Minus, PIM, PPP, Shots on Goal Goaltending: Wins, GAA, Save Percentage, Shutouts
With that, please enjoy my 2011-12 NHL-Guide-BBGuys.
By Ray Flowers
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Aaron Harang Ks 11 in No-Decision
- Josh Johnson will have Tommy John surgery
- Chapman threw live batting practice Wednesday
- Hunter is not in the Tigers' lineup on Wednesday
- Luke Gregerson Takes Loss And Third Blown Save
- Darvish next start pushed back to Monday
- Hammel Dominates Diamondbacks on Tuesday
- Justin Upton is not in the Braves lineup Wednesday
- Christian Yelich extends hit streak to 16 games
- Alex Wood out dueled by Jose Fernandez