THE 2011-12 NHL FANTASY HOCKEY GUIDE
How real is the Stanley Cup hangover, and will it doom the Bruins?
Do the Sharks have enough talent to finally get over the hump? Heck, will they be able to hold off the ever improving Kings for the Pacific Division lead?
Have the Kings improved enough around Drew Doughty that he can now be considered the best fantasy defender in the game?
When will Sidney Crosby be healthy enough to return to action? Will he be able to play at his career levels when he does?
Can Alexander Ovechkin return to his goal scoring ways. For that matter, what about Ilya Kovalchuk, Nicklas Backstrom and Paul Stastny?
Does Martin Brodeur have one great season left in his bones?
Will Rick Nash and Jeff Carter become one of the most fearsome duo's in the game?
I will not go into detail on any of these points, but you should be able to infer what I'm thinking based on looking at my positional rankings which follow.
(1) Players are only listed at one position.
(2) The rankings assume a rather traditional scoring system.
Offense: Goals, Assists, Plus/Minus, PIM, PPP, Shots on Goal Goaltending: Wins, GAA, Save Percentage, Shutouts
With that, please enjoy my 2011-12 NHL-Guide-BBGuys.
By Ray Flowers
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Panthers exercised fifth-year option on QB Newton
- Victorino returns to Red Sox lineup Thursday
- Tony Cingrani Wins But Loses 22-Game Streak
- Pineda has been suspended 10 games
- D-Backs place Trumbo on DL
- Yadier Molina not in the Cardinals lineup Thursday
- K-Rod Earns League-Leaging Ninth Save
- Desmond Jennings Has Three Hits, Two Steals
- Michael Wacha Ks 10 in Four Innings, Loses
- Nelson Cruz Two HR Powers Orioles
yes. lol RT @maury_morris: I have a better shot of being with Shakira for the night than Espinosa does hitting .300 for the year correct?