PITCHERS: Mid-Season ROTW Rankings
Last Friday I released my ROTW Rankings for Hitters to equal parts adulation and scorn. Today, I'll further infuriate the masses by releasing my ROTW Rankings for Pitchers.
Before moving on to the rankings it should be noted that pitchers are only listed at one spot (Tim Stauffer might qualify as a reliever and starter in your league, but in the BaseballGuys.com rankings he only appears as a starter).
These rankings are my expectations for pitchers from this point forward. If Josh Johnson is healthy and at 100% percent he'd be in my top-10. However, he's not even close to that at this point which is why he doesn't appear anywhere close to that high on the list.
Relievers are so tough to predict because of roles. I've tried to blend my expectations based upon what role a pitcher will hold (i.e. Mike Adams will close if he stays with the Padres and Heath Bell is dealt). In most cases it's still best to target the skills and not the role, but you have to objectively consider whether or not at this point of the season whether or not the role is more valuable.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Justin Upton is not in the Braves lineup Wednesday
- Christian Yelich extends hit streak to 16 games
- Alex Wood out dueled by Jose Fernandez
- Jose Fernandez punches out 14 over 8 IP
- Gregg Popovich named NBA Coach of the Year
- Pujols hits 500th career home run
- Chase Utley is not in starting lineup Tuesday
- Trumbo not in Diamondbacks' lineup Tuesday
- Fister threw three innings in extended spring
- Surgery has been recommended for Ivan Nova
RT @dgoold: Game is still going, so severity of Wainwright's hyperextension isn't available. Will update as soon as possible
RT @jjcoop36: Astros 1B Jonathan Singleton hit his 8th HR of the season today for Triple-A OKC. Astros MLB 1B are hitting .183/.256/.338.