Last Friday I released my ROTW Rankings for Hitters to equal parts adulation and scorn. Today, I'll further infuriate the masses by releasing my ROTW Rankings for Pitchers.
Before moving on to the rankings it should be noted that pitchers are only listed at one spot (Tim Stauffer might qualify as a reliever and starter in your league, but in the BaseballGuys.com rankings he only appears as a starter).
These rankings are my expectations for pitchers from this point forward. If Josh Johnson is healthy and at 100% percent he'd be in my top-10. However, he's not even close to that at this point which is why he doesn't appear anywhere close to that high on the list.
Relievers are so tough to predict because of roles. I've tried to blend my expectations based upon what role a pitcher will hold (i.e. Mike Adams will close if he stays with the Padres and Heath Bell is dealt). In most cases it's still best to target the skills and not the role, but you have to objectively consider whether or not at this point of the season whether or not the role is more valuable.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Victorino (back) will swing a bat Monday
- Raiders Woodson expects to play in 2015
- Pedro Strop was involved in a car accident in DR
- Rays signed right-handed pitcher Ernesto Frieri
- Clowney said he suffered a setback
- Megatron Racks up 146 Yrads, 2 TD
- Matthew Stafford Throws for 390 Yards, 2 TD
- Brandon Marshall Gets Checked for Concussion
- Alshon Jeffery Hauls in 2 TD in Loss
- Martellus Bennett Has Eight Grabs for 109 Yards
that it does RT @clydemac39: happy turkey day ray, hey it rhymes