PITCHERS: Mid-Season ROTW Rankings
Last Friday I released my ROTW Rankings for Hitters to equal parts adulation and scorn. Today, I'll further infuriate the masses by releasing my ROTW Rankings for Pitchers.
Before moving on to the rankings it should be noted that pitchers are only listed at one spot (Tim Stauffer might qualify as a reliever and starter in your league, but in the BaseballGuys.com rankings he only appears as a starter).
These rankings are my expectations for pitchers from this point forward. If Josh Johnson is healthy and at 100% percent he'd be in my top-10. However, he's not even close to that at this point which is why he doesn't appear anywhere close to that high on the list.
Relievers are so tough to predict because of roles. I've tried to blend my expectations based upon what role a pitcher will hold (i.e. Mike Adams will close if he stays with the Padres and Heath Bell is dealt). In most cases it's still best to target the skills and not the role, but you have to objectively consider whether or not at this point of the season whether or not the role is more valuable.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Reynolds goes yard twice in Brewers win
- Cespedes homers twice, leaves with thumb injury
- Neftali Feliz named Rangers new closer
- Dombrowski confirms Nathan will remain closer
- Tigers To Acquire Joakim Soria
- Jorge De La Rosa struck out a season-high 11
- Tony Romo expected be ready when camp opens
- Jamaal Charles reaches extension with Chiefs
- Astros placed OF George Springer on 15-day DL
- Jamaal Charles not in camp, making him a holdout