Last Friday I released my ROTW Rankings for Hitters to equal parts adulation and scorn. Today, I'll further infuriate the masses by releasing my ROTW Rankings for Pitchers.
Before moving on to the rankings it should be noted that pitchers are only listed at one spot (Tim Stauffer might qualify as a reliever and starter in your league, but in the BaseballGuys.com rankings he only appears as a starter).
These rankings are my expectations for pitchers from this point forward. If Josh Johnson is healthy and at 100% percent he'd be in my top-10. However, he's not even close to that at this point which is why he doesn't appear anywhere close to that high on the list.
Relievers are so tough to predict because of roles. I've tried to blend my expectations based upon what role a pitcher will hold (i.e. Mike Adams will close if he stays with the Padres and Heath Bell is dealt). In most cases it's still best to target the skills and not the role, but you have to objectively consider whether or not at this point of the season whether or not the role is more valuable.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Cam Newton will officially start Sunday
- Julio Jones officially is active Sunday
- Julio Jones (oblique) will play on Sunday
- Zach Randolph is not expected to play on Sunday
- Joe Haden (shoulder) will not play on Sunday
- Titans doing homework Jay Cutler
- T.Y. Hilton appears to be a longshot to play Sun.
- DeMarco Murray is going to play Sunday
- Falcons and Julio are optimistic that he will play
- Antonio Gates totals 92 yards, 2 TD