Opening Day 2011
Photo by Steve Paluch
After months of thinking about it... After months of writing about it... After months of talking about it...
Finally, it's here.
Of course, the “it” is opening day, and I'm ecstatic that it has arrived.
No more ADP talk.
No more disagreements about whether to take Prince Fielder or Mark Teixeira.
No more talk of when to draft a pitcher.
Now it's all about the games and what happens on the field.
For those of you who love the pageantry of opening day, I thought I'd give you a photo of some beautiful ladies at their festive best.
For those of you who are still basking in the glove of the San Francisco Giants first World Championship I give you Nirvana.
For those of you looking for a bunch of links to articles about Tim Lincecum's massive food intake, the top-300 players for 2011, Player Capsules for Hitters and which players could come out of nowhere to be fantasy stars in 2011 see Link o' Rama.
With that I'm off to watch some baseball, do my radio show on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio, and get ready for what could be an epic matchup between the Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw and the Giants' Tim Lincecum.
By Ray Flowers
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Michael Wacha Ks 10 in Four Innings, Loses
- Nelson Cruz Two HR Powers Orioles
- Cole Hamels takes loss in 1st start of the year
- Zack Greinke K's 11, remains undefeated
- Chris Paul says he will play Thursday
- Andrew McCutchen with a HR in 3 straight games
- Kyle Seager's Two-Homer Night Leads Mariners
- Michael Pineda ejected for foreign substance
- Clayton Kershaw will start Friday for High-A
- Josh Fields Takes Loss With Blown Save