2011 Player Capsules: Outfielders
In case you've missed it so far, here is how this all works.
(1) You stop by BaseballGuys.com.
(2) You'll get a chance to review a handful of the players at the position of the day.
(3) You'll find a CODE at the end of the article.
(4) You'll take that CODE and email it to me at: email@example.com
(5) I'll send you back a neat and tidy PDF file with the top-100 plus players at the position.
How does that sound to you?
The best part?
How about the cost... it's 100% FREE.
All I ask is that you tell a friend.
Here are a few examples of what you will receive in the PDF.
Chris Young One of two players who went 25/25 (CarGo was the other), Young had a year that was similar to his '07 effort (.237-32-68-85-27). The one improvement he made was to shorten his swing in 2-strike counts which enable him to reach a career best in average and a career low in his K-rate. He'll never win a batting title, but his production is well worth taking on that low average.
Jose Bautista After hitting 43 homers in 2007-09 he bettered that mark by 11 last season. He hit 28 homers in 2008-09. He bettered that mark in the second half of 2010. We could go on, but the point is obvious; Bautista was so far out of the realm of his career track record last season that positing a repeat is impossible. He should provide plenty of power, but don't pay full price.
Nick Markakis One of three men in the history of the game with 43 doubles in 4-straight years, Nick's fantasy value tanked as he produced runs like a second baseman. Nick did post his lowest K-rate since his rookie season, and the second best walk rate of his career, which is great news as he hit at least .290 for the 4th straight year. Expect a mild rebound making him a solid value.
The Outfielder code is: Open Spaces.
By Ray Flowers
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Christian Yelich extends hit streak to 16 games
- Alex Wood out dueled by Jose Fernandez
- Jose Fernandez punches out 14 over 8 IP
- Collin McHugh K's 12 in Astros debut
- Gregg Popovich named NBA Coach of the Year
- Masahiro Tanaka (3-0) taking MLB by storm
- Johnny Cueto with 2nd complete game in a row
- Pujols hits 500th career home run
- Chase Utley is not in starting lineup Tuesday
- Trumbo not in Diamondbacks' lineup Tuesday
RT @dgoold: Game is still going, so severity of Wainwright's hyperextension isn't available. Will update as soon as possible
RT @jjcoop36: Astros 1B Jonathan Singleton hit his 8th HR of the season today for Triple-A OKC. Astros MLB 1B are hitting .183/.256/.338.