It's the first day of the final month of regular season baseball. Many of you have already switched over to football mode with the NFL ready for the first week of their regular season, but this is BaseballGuys not football folks. Therefore, I've got your back all the way to the end, and that starts by looking at matchups for September 1st.
* NOTE: Players are listed in alphabetical order for the sake of making them easily sortable/findable. The matchups are also generated based on Batter vs. Pitcher data. Just because a player is not listed does not mean that he is a bad or good play. The players listed below are mentioned merely because of the BVP data for the matchup.
DISH DIAMONDS – The Best Hitting Matchups of the Day
Alexi Amarista has six hits in 13 at-bats against Trevor Cahill.
It would be a shame if the ankle Continue...
Brendan Sawyer - I waivered on including Gio in the piece. Couldn't decide if I wanted to give him an up or down thumb. If it was my team, I would pass. I HATE h2h matchups in the playoffs, but in that format a bad pitching outing is about the worst thing that could possibly happen.
Ray, would you start Gio in a points league tonight? Just so inconsistent and playoffs start today as well.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Arian Foster expected to play Sunday
- Julius Thomas (ankle) did not practice on Friday
- Jerick McKinnon says he is out for Sunday
- Rex anticipates Geno starting rest of season
- Danilo Gallinari says he will play Friday
- Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah start for Bulls Friday
- David Lee doubtful to play on road trip
- Noah (knee/eye) says that he will play Friday
- Marlins acquire P Aaron Crow from Royals
- Nelson ruled out for second straight game Friday
RT @PWSullivan: Cubs update on Pedro Strop: Back home after getting stitches for cut in left arm from car crash in Dominican. "Doing fine."
For a good laugh - http://t.co/mWRl17xYy7