Daily Trends: August 14th
Stephen Strasburg should be on your bench and Norichika Aoki should be in your lineup. So is the world of batter versus pitcher matchups. Ray Flowers points out some other nuggets as you get ready to set your baseball lineup for August 14th.
* NOTE: Players are listed in alphabetical order for the sake of making them easily sortable/findable. The matchups are also generated based on Batter vs. Pitcher data.
Adrian Gonzalez has eight hits in 20 at-bats against Aaron Harang. Three of those hits are big flies and he's driven in six runners. Matt Kemp also lights up Harang with a .368 batting average, two homers and six RBIs in Continue...
Christopher Backhaus - I have written about, and extensively tweeted about Verlander. Since the start of last season, 60 starts, 4.01 ERA, 1.36 WHIP. This yr his K/9 rate is in the 6's. Dont know why anyone would be targeting him. Without knowing your roster no way I can give an answer. Beltran has been hot since the ASB, and AJax, in a 12 tm lg with 5 starting OFs, is a must own.
Hello Ray, Playoff teams in my H2h 12 teams league are loading in pitching, and many are benching SP instead of offensive players. My current bench player which I alternate depending on the match ups are: Beltran and Austin Jackson. Would you drop any of them, and pick up SP Hellickson? Also, if nothing is "physically" wrong with Verlander, is he worth adding? Another team dropped him. Thanks
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Jose Fernandez said he was cleared to throw
- Drew Stanton will start Sunday
- Vernon Davis is not practicing Friday
- Arian Foster (hamstring) is questionable Sunday
- Charles is practicing with Chiefs again on Friday
- Cecil Shorts will play on Sunday
- Jordan Reed has been ruled out for Sunday
- Cardinals place Abraham on injured reserve
- Cameron (shoulder) was practicing Friday
- Hamilton's status for playoff in doubt