It's true, I'm taking a break. I'll be away from July 21st to July 28th spending time with my family on Oahu. If you happen to be there at the same time you'll find me around the Waikiki area. If you're a pretty lady, make sure you find me. I wanted to leave some thoughts before disappearing for sun, fun and booze (I won't be drinking this popular spirit).
(1) Since I will be away for a week what will happen to the Daily Trends piece? It will cease to exist as the Fantasy Alarm team thought no one could replace me (they're probably right). It will resume on July 29th. In the meantime make sure you bookmark the DFS Playbook and read it each day.
(2) I'm likely going to be totally out of pocket. No articles, no emails, no tweets. I'm checking out. Hula dancing, Mai Tai's and passing out on the beach. That's my plan. If you want to get a hold of me you'll have to wait until July 29th.
(3) Did you know that the 2014 FANTASY ALARM DRAFT GUIDE is now available? Here are some quick thoughts about it.
Just like we did with the baseball Guide, our 2014 Fantasy Football Draft Guide has all the usual stuff in it, but it also takes things to a whole other level thanks to the mind of the incomparable Jeff Mans. Just some of what you will find in the Guide...
A look at second year wideouts.
Coaching systems – how they matter way more than most seem to think.
Offensive lines – no one pays any attention to the big men but they are extremely important.
Training Camp Battles.
Which Handcuffs in the backfield are the right ones to target.
Auction Analysis by yours truly.
Why you should play in IDP leagues.
The Art of the Deal.
30 Fantasy Football Strategies including...
The SMART Strategy.
How to use ADP
Does age matter?
Does size matter?
What about consistency?
What numbers are overrated?
Should you care about kickers?
How to use your FAAB
How do you set your lineup each week?
And of course we've got all the rankings you could possibly hope for as well.
I believe the 2014 Fantasy Football Draft Guide is a tremendous product. It can help newbies as well as seasoned veterans of fantasy football. Everyone can find something of use within it's 200+ pages. Take the plunge, get your copy, dominate your league. It doesn't get much simpler than that.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Cubs could announce hiring of Maddon Thurs
- Giants win World Series for 3rd time in five years
- Kevin Martin (ankle) will be inactive Wednesday
- David Lee will not play Wednesday'
- Barea has agreed to contract with the Mavericks
- Rajon Rondo will play for Boston on Wednesday
- Rondo is expected to play Wednesday
- Report: RG3 will start on Sunday
- Patrick Peterson cleared to practice
- RG3 full participant in Wednesday's practice