Daily Trends: July 10th
July 10th is a special day in the Flowers household. It's not a birthday or anniversary, in fact, it's nothing directly related to anyone I know. However, it's still a very special day because of my affinity for a drink – the pina colada. July 10th is National Pina Colada Day. You can have one. I will probably have three. As for the baseball, my thoughts on Thursday matchups follow.
* NOTE: Players are listed in alphabetical order for the sake of making them easily sortable/findable. The matchups are also generated based on Batter vs. Pitcher data. Just because a player is not listed does not mean that he is a bad or good play. The players listed below are mentioned merely because of the BVP data for the matchup.
DISH DIAMONDS – The Best Hitting Matchups of the Day
Dean Breakfield - Pass. Davis is a nice bat. Burnett a nice arm.Mejia gets saves, but the ratios aren't great. Basically its SP for SP and then Mejia/Davis for Stanton. Just not enough.
Ray, I am in a 5x5 roto, 12 team NL only... I have Stanton and injury bug has hit my pitching staff ... I was just offered K. Davis , Mejia and AJ Burnett... I give Stanton and Z Wheeler... Pull trigger? Thank u in advance... And u ARE the man!!
Vince - Things could be better... but they could always be worse. Can you drop Salazar? I'd drop him and add Nelson right now. Salazar still hasnt found it, and Nelson is on his game right now and likely up Sat. Best move to make. Also, Kelly is blahtastic. Drop him and add Gee.
Hi Ray, Hope all is well. Quick question. My SP roster is : Cueto, J Chavez, J Hann, M Leake, J Beckett, J Kelly, L Lynn, M Stroman, D Keuchel. I have Salzar in a NA spot. Here are some of the available SP on the wire: R De La Rosa, Z Wheeler, T Bauer, D Gee, J Nelsen( Brewers) Are any of these guys worth picking up. And if so who would you drop. The only batter I would consider dropping right now on my team is Allen Craig. Thanks
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Welker's suspension official starts week 1
- WR Wes Welker suspended four games.
- MRI on Rizzo reveals a mild low back strain
- Colts owner Irsay suspended six games, fined $500k
- Vickerson agreed to terms with Bengals
- Sankey is now the No. 2 running back
- Update: Watt's extension worth $100 million
- Mortenson: Watt extension worth est. 6yr/99m
- Texans agree to long-term pact with Watt
- LaRoche day-to-day with lower back stiffness