Daily Trends: July 8th
I don't know. I feel like I'm helping. Maybe a little? I seem to take the chance in this opening paragraph to talk about me, to avoid anything baseball. I won't do that anymore – at least today. In what follows you will get all the BVP data you need as you attempt to determine what the best situation will be for your squad on Tuesday July 8th.
* NOTE: Players are listed in alphabetical order for the sake of making them easily sortable/findable. The matchups are also generated based on Batter vs. Pitcher data. Just because a player is not listed does not mean that he is a bad or good play. The players listed below are mentioned merely because of the BVP data for the matchup.
Richard Costa - You can find my rankings here amigo - http://www.fantasyalarm.com/rankings.php
Ray - Thanks. I have a five man rotation due to IP limit. I feel solid with Kershaw, F. Hernandez and Hammel. I also have Keuchel, Wilson and Wood. Would you drop any of them for Kennedy? 7 category roto (NW, ERA, WHIP, K, QS, HD, SV) thanks
Richard Costa - I'd still go Wilson. It's close tho. I'd say this. If you're in a 10 tm lg, you can make the move. If it's 12/15 I'd hold Wilson and drop another to add Kennedy.
Ray - I know you have CJ Wilson still ranked above Ian Kennedy but Kennedy's FIP (2.93) is much better than CJW (4.23). Kennedy is available as a FA, so given the FIP and performances of late, would you advise picking up Kennedy for CJ Wilson? Thanks.
Josh from... - Johnson is awful. He's playable in 14 tm lgs, but he's nothing but a spot filler. You can do the deal though, McC and Cabrera can be dealt for each other no issue.
Christopher Backhaus - Casilla is NO lock to hold the job. See - http://www.fantasyalarm.com/articles/flowers/18773/ray-039-s-ramblings-ndash-around-the-horn/ He would be the one I was trying to deal. Then Hawkins. Of course, with this leg being insane, why no just add McG and play Chisnhall at first? That works for me. I would drop Hunter.
Miggy for C. Johnson and A. McCutchen. Johnson will replace Miggy and McCutchen will replace Bourn (Bourn's injured anyway; I sorely need an OF). Playing for this year (Johnson can be kept for $1 next year; the others cannot). 14-team mix.
Hello Ray, Because of injury to Edwin, trying to figure out something since my corners are: Chisenhall (1B), Alvarez and Arenado between 3B/UTL/Bn together with Hunter (UTL/BN) depending on the match ups. Idea: now that I can add Casilla as closer, I’m thinking of trading Holland or Melancon for a 1B. What type of 1B should I target for each of them? Current Rp: Holland, Melancon and Hawkins. I can also work the ww and add McGehee, Howard (recently dropped), Holt, Butler. If I add one of the below, who do I drop (Alvarez, Hunter, Arenado, Chisenhall). Mix, H2H, 12 teams. Many thanks.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Murphy has been placed on the 15-day DL
- Kyle Van Noy underwent abdomenal surgery Thursday
- Sergio Romo to share closing duties
- Sammy Watkins has a rib injury
- Daniel Murphy (calf) is getting MRI
- Arian Foster will not play Thursday
- Venters MRI revealed he re-tore ligament in elbow
- NFL Takes Hard-Line Stance on Domestic Violence
- Adrian Peterson: I'd play for Cowboys
- Peyton Manning fined $8,268