Daily Trends: July 1st
Tuesday's matchups are analyzed by Ray Flowers. Who has a matchup they can exploit? Who has a difficult matchup you might be better served to pass on? Ray mines the data to help you to answer these and many other baseline questions to help you set your lineup for the first day of July.
* NOTE: Players are listed in alphabetical order for the sake of making them easily sortable/findable. The matchups are also generated based on Batter vs. Pitcher data. Just because a player is not listed does not mean that he is a bad or good play. The players listed below are mentioned merely because of the BVP data for the matchup.
Randy Mangolt - Well, Nathan is a mess, and Casilla I don't trust to hold off Romo long term, so adding another CL is a solid idea. I have no issue with the proposed deal. One thing. Cespedes is always getting hurt. I like Gordon a lot, but he's also just a moderate OF in this shallow setup.
Ray, Is it dumb to consider trading JUp for Kimbrel? We play 3 OF and I have Braun, Cespedes and Gordon. My closers now are Kenley, Nathan and Casilla. Thanks for the ranking update today.
Christopher Backhaus - Can do either deal and not feel terrible about it. At the same time, is it worth doing? Duffy/Hudson are clearly the lower level arms, but both have been pretty darn solid. If dealing for Zimmerman... I just dont think that's enough. As much as I like Zimm, the one thing that sets him back is a lack of Ks. If I'm giving two solid arms for one, I'd like the one arm to be a nice power thrower.
Hello Ray, Good Morning. Trying to trade Duffy + Hudson for a very good SP. I have two scenarios at the moment: Duffy + Hudson for Zimmerman, OR Duffy + Hudson + Burnett for Zimemrman and Archer What you think? Thanks
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Titans agreed to terms with Jurrell Casey
- Rockies place Wilin Rosario on the 15-day DL
- Bogaerts cleared MLB's concussion protocols
- Cardinals reached agreement with Tommy Kelly
- Wright & Murphy out Mets lineup Wednesday
- Rizzo (back) not in the Cubs lineup Wednesday
- Doc Rivers signs extension
- Gordon suspended for a year
- Vikings wont hesitate to bench Cassel
- Adrian Peterson to be used differently
felt good about it ... usually don't. lol RT @DLF_Jeff: Great show today Ray ... you were on fire.
@FFbigga gotta follow for response
RT @Royals: Liam Hendriks goes 7.0 innings in his Royals debut, allowing just 1 run, 4 hits and no walks with 5 strikeouts.
RT @matthewpouliot: Revere has lowest OPS:BA ratio (.690/.309 = 2.233) of a batting title qualifier since Kirby Puckett in 1984 (.655/.296)