As we wrap up the month of June and start to look forward to the All-Star Game, there's still plenty of baseball going on that matter. Hey, it's not all about World Cup this week. Ray Flowers takes a look at the Monday matchups and points out some interesting factoids that may help to set your lineups.
* NOTE: Players are listed in alphabetical order for the sake of making them easily sortable/findable. The matchups are also generated based on Batter vs. Pitcher data. Just because a player is not listed does not mean that he is a bad or good play. The players listed below are mentioned merely because of the BVP data for the matchup.
Francisco Rodriguez, Puig and Moustakas vs. MigCab and H. Rondon: which side? 10 team mix, 10 keepers.
Jim - I never liked Cabrera as much as others. All he does is steal. Dont think he's a .285 hitter. He's been so bad he could hit .310 the rest of the way and just get to .270, so from here out he could be strong, but I don't see any compelling reason to believe it's going to happen for sure. Id love to make up with Anne Hathaway...
Hi Ray, I'm sure this is a common issue. It burns my ass to suffer through a player's slow start, cut bait, and they watch as he gives all his love to a new owner. So please tell me it's OK to cut Everth. Stolen bases won't be the difference-maker for me, and it's not exactly like Anne Hathaway coming back to me at the end of the season, saying she's sorry, and asking how she can make it up to me. As always, appreciate your analyses and hope you had a good weekend.
Thanks Ray, looking forward to your rankings tomorrow. I live by these things. Tab them at work and home. Thanks for your diligence and hard work.
Miguel Enguidanos - Sometimes folks won't deal. Been there. Puig>Donaldson. Trumbo=McCann. Jones
Hi Ray, I am in a 12 team 5x5 roto. I’m in 2nd place but am having trouble gaining ground and it’s been over a month. I can’t get people to trade. I did get the last place team to make a trade. I would love to give up SP as I have 137 starts out of 200 already. I’m doing great in hitting with 1st place in runs, rbis, and SBs. I’m in 5th for HR and AVG. I have been offered: Puig, McCann and Garrett Jones for my Donaldson, Trumbo and Latos. I have other good pitchers in Cole, Fister, Cueto, CJ Wilson, Gallardo and Buehrle. I also have Goldschmidt at 1st and Matt Carpenter can play 3rd. I have Daniel Murphy to cover 2nd. Given my needs at position and that I don’t need the pitching would you make this move?
Krod>Rondon. Puig/Moose for Cabrera? I'd be able to make an argument for duo side, but it's Cabrera you want. I could take the trio here, but I'm so down on Moose, I'd stick with Cabrera side.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Bogut will start for the Warriors on Tuesday
- Darren Collison (quad) will not play on Tuesday
- Humphries is getting the start Tuesday
- Yu Darvish has been cleared to begin throwing
- Broncos released kicker Brandon McManus
- Jets will start Michael Vick at QB Monday Night
- Rudy Gay (Achilles) will not play Tuesday
- Carmelo doubtful for Wednesday.
- Brandon Jennings is not expected to play Tuesday
- Wade (hamstring) will not play Tuesday night
Any time my lady. RT @IcyNando: Thanks for giving me something good to watch while I eat my lunch!
was a SS way back when RT @DavidTucci1: who will play third in SF now. I would love to see Posey there. Won't happen, but one can hope.