Daily Trends: June 12th
Thursday poses the same daily dilemma you've been dealing with every day for the major league baseball season. Do you go with the BVP data? Do you go against it? How much weight do you give it? Ray Flowers presents the data so you can make up your mind.
* NOTE: Players are listed in alphabetical order for the sake of making them easily sortable/findable. The matchups are also generated based on Batter vs. Pitcher data. Just because a player is not listed does not mean that he is a bad or good play. The players listed below are mentioned merely because of the BVP data for the matchup.
Joseph Minz - There is no reason to have three C's. Gattis is just blah in OF anyway. He's MUCH better in catcher spot. If you could deal him for Altuve I would have no issue with that. However, if you start two Cs, might want to keep Gattis since he's a 30th rounder and deal one of the other two catchers.
Darren Graham - I wouldn't say it's a bad idea at all. Bruce is every bit the hitter that Springer is. I fact, Springer wants to become what Bruce is. Bruce has been cold. Springer dealing with a knee. Kind of about how you look at players. You want guy that's done it? OR Guy that could do it?
I'm absolutely tearing my league up in the power department (in 1st by over 20 HR and 50 RBI). I can move up about 7 spots in the SB category and 3-4 in the Runs category with one speed player.
No one avail on waiver (12 team 35 man roster).
I'm using Gattis in the outfield and have Pierz and Montero as catchers. Considering trading Gattis for Altuve (if he'll take it cause he needs power badly). Gattis is a 30th round keeper for me. would you trade him for speed in my situation? Do you like Altuve keeping up the stolen bases and runs through the season?
jhonny muriel - Glad I've been able to help through the dark times. No HanRam today, Agone and Kemp struggling, Simon's a solid play.
Joseph Sproul - He is slated to miss 50% of the remaining season. I'd only stash him if you can hold on your DL spot. You just dont have a deep enough bench.
Hey Ray..should I start simon against the dodgers today?..Thank you...you've been a lot of help even though my team still sucks...can't get a break or a hit..
Hey Ray, I am sure you've mentioned something on your show or in another question but I missed it. I just had made a trade for Cuddyer and now he's out for a couple months. In a 12 team 5x5 with (3 bench spot and 1 DL) is he worth to stash or drop? I am afraid when he comes back he'll be all out of whack.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Colts owner Irsay suspended six games, fined $500k
- Vickerson agreed to terms with Bengals
- Sankey is now the No. 2 running back
- Update: Watt's extension worth $100 million
- Mortenson: Watt extension worth est. 6yr/99m
- Texans agree to long-term pact with Watt
- LaRoche day-to-day with lower back stiffness
- Raiders starting Derek Carr over Matt Schaub
- Henderson Alvarez left with a left oblique strain
- Titans agreed to terms with Ryan Succop