Oracle Report: Power Is Nice But
Power is sexy. We all know chicks dig the long ball. It's the same way in fantasy baseball, especially now that power is down around the league. However, I'm going to posit in this piece that some folks allow the draw of the big fly to cloud their judgment with players, so much so that people ignore faults or deficiencies in players and merely say a player is great cause he takes pitchers offerings deep into the seats on a regular basis.
THE WHITE SOX SLUGGER
(image) Jose Abreu was back at it Monday as he avoided an early scare in batting practice when he was hit by an errant ball (it's pretty amazing more guys aren't hurt during BP with about 18 different things going on at one time). Abreu mashed a homer once the game began, his 16th of the year, and Continue...
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Le’Veon Bell will not be susp. by Steelers
- Rizzo left Tuesday with lower back tightness
- McCutchen left game with left rib discomfort
- Colby Rasmus is a late scratch Tuesday
- Adam LaRoche dealing with a tight back
- Anibal Sanchez suffered a setback
- Wright is not in the Mets lineup Tuesday
- Harper not in Nationals starting lineup Tuesday
- Clippers have traded Jared Dudley to the Bucks
- Ortiz remains out Red Sox starting lineup Monday