Power is sexy. We all know chicks dig the long ball. It's the same way in fantasy baseball, especially now that power is down around the league. However, I'm going to posit in this piece that some folks allow the draw of the big fly to cloud their judgment with players, so much so that people ignore faults or deficiencies in players and merely say a player is great cause he takes pitchers offerings deep into the seats on a regular basis.
THE WHITE SOX SLUGGER
(image) Jose Abreu was back at it Monday as he avoided an early scare in batting practice when he was hit by an errant ball (it's pretty amazing more guys aren't hurt during BP with about 18 different things going on at one time). Abreu mashed a homer once the game began, his 16th of the year, and Continue...
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Calvin Johnson (ankle) has resumed running
- A.J. Green (toe) said he will play Sunday
- Pierre Thomas (shoulder) will miss 2-3 weeks
- Reggie Wayne could miss one or two games
- Michael Morse will be the DH in Game 1
- Jadeveon Clowney will not play on Monday
- Rams waived WR Austin Pettis
- Usama Young has a torn ACL and MCL
- Clowney is very unlikely to play Monday
- Wayne will undergo an MRI on his elbow