Monday of Week 7. There's been plenty of the expected thus far in 2014 though there has also been a heaping helping of out of nowhere stuff as well. You just never know in the whacky world of baseball. Here are some of the more interesting matchup based tidbits for Monday, May 12th.
DISH DIAMONDS – The Best Hitting Matchups of the Day
Cheap play Monday? How about Daric Barton. The A's long time prospect and no time producer has six hits in 13 at-bats against John Danks, and it's not like Danks has impressed anyone with his performance this season.
David DeJesus hits well against Felix Hernandez. Who knew? DD is hitting .323 with a homer and five RBIs in 31 at-bats. Evan Longoria has also enjoyed some success batting .316 with a homer in 19 at-bats (note that he also has nine Ks).
Vince - Well, he's a must add. I'd avoid blowing the entire budget, we still haev 4+ months to go. The $40 spot you dropped on Bruce sounds about right again.
Hey Ray. Last week I was able to pick up jay bruce for $40 fab. $60 left and the same guy who dropped bruce just dropped David Ortiz. So same question. How much would u spend to get him? Thanks as always
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Donald Brown hasn't cleared concussion protocol
- V-Mart seeking 4-yr contract in free agency
- Lincecum's MRI clean, available Friday
- Wainwright underwent surgery Friday
- Vereen "questionable" for Sunday
- Jimmy Graham likely to play Sunday
- P. Thomas & K. Robinson ruled out for Sunday
- Marquis Teague has been traded to the 76ers
- Aldridge (groin) will not play Friday night
- Owen Daniels (knee) will not play Sunday