Oracle Report: Should You Be Nervous?
Should you be nervous when your pitcher has an ERA of 5.00 or if he's been bombed in an outing or two. Let me confuse you. Sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes no. I'll try to explain that seemingly contradictory statement by taking a look at five men on the hill: Homer Bailey, Aroldis Chapman, Cliff Lee, Danny Salazar and Travis Wood.Continue...
Ray, Cain comes back Saturday. One of these has to go: Kennedy, Niese, Kluber, Salazar (I see above so I will keep him, I know), Stroman, Frieri, Gregorson, Joe Smith (I have only those guys in my pen). I am thinking either Niese or Stroman...?
Miguel Enguidanos - In Draft Guide I talk about baseline numbers.... ERA/WHIP not a good guide. K/9, BB/9, GB/FB better spots to look at. Also note... pitchers get hurt ALL the time, so dont dump starters cause you are over the season long pace right now.
ESPN has these 200 start limits. I've got two teams with around 60 starts each. I'm thinking of trying to trade SPs for RPs. I'm looking at your rankings for SP and then seeing who I think will have these metrics 1K per inning, less than 3.5 ERA and A WHIP around 1.22. Is this a good way to approach who I keep?
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Giants release Dan Uggla
- Carl Crawford not in Dodgers lineup Wednesday
- Bonifacio has been told to prepare to be traded
- Bills signed Fred Jackson to 1-year extension
- Ortiz not in the Red Sox lineup on Wednesday
- Sox trade Felix Doubront to the Cubs
- Davis (sick) not in Orioles lineup again Wednesday
- Justin Masterson has been traded to the Cardinals
- Chris Carter (illness) scratched from lineup
- Emilio Bonifacio Powers Up Against Rockies