Daily Trends: May 8th
My back is sore today. Has nothing to do with the article. I'm just sharing my personal thoughts to connect with you the reader. I know you would rather read some BVP material than hear about the shape of my back, but I tend to personalize everything and make it about me. I just find life to be more interesting that way. OK, enough about me. Let's get to some baseball information for Thursday.
DISH DIAMONDS – The Best Hitting Matchups of the Day
Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion both light up A.J. Burnett. Both are hitting .429 in 14 at-bats. EE has two homers and four RBIs. Bautista spits on that. He has three homers and seven RBIs.
Vince - Glad Kipnis worked out last year. Provided Bruce is back when they say, 3-4 weeks, he's just as good a pickup as a guy like Taveras or Polanco. You have to be able to sit for that time with nothing, but Bruce could be a difference maker despite injuries and struggles. I'd go in that 40-50% range. He wasnt doing great before, and you have to think the speed disappears with this, but it's still a very potent bat.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Perez Drives In Game-Winning Run In 12th
- Shields, Royals Survives Crazy WC Game
- Moss's Two Homers Not Enough
- Lester Allows 6 Runs In WC Game
- Josh Hamilton says he's feeling better
- Jordan Reed says "50-50" to return Mon.
- Russell Martin expects to start Wednesday
- Raiders name Tony Sparano interim head coach
- Colts extend Robert Mathis
- Aldridge to resign with Blazers