Friday. Finally. The work week is nearing completion, but we at Fantasy Alarm never rest. Here is the book on Friday matchups.
NOTE: THE 2014 PLAYER RANKINGS ARE UPDATED. LOOK FOR MONTHLY UPDATES ON THE FIRST OF EACH MONTH. CLICK HERE FOR THE MAY 1ST RANKINGS OF NEARLY 500 PLAYERS.
DISH DIAMONDS – The Best Hitting Matchups of the Day
Miguel Cabrera should struggle at least a little bit against James Shields. He doesn't. At all. In 43 at-bats look at the carnage: .419/.468/.721 with two homers and seven RBIs. Others with a .300+ average against Shields include: Austin Jackson (.321 in 28 ABs), Alex Avila (.304 in 23 ABs), Torii Hunter (.306 in 49 at-bats).
Kinsler only has 3 K in 42 AB's vs Shields with 2 doubles and 2 HR's. It will be interesting watching the matchup tonight
There is no bench, and I have D.Wright for 3B and A.Ramirez for CI. So position flexibility isn't a concern, I like the hot hand with Rendon right now, and probably should sell high, especially when Utley is in the mix.
Jeff Weaver - I would favor Utley. Rendon is nice add cause of two positions, so you will have to decide if you need that flexibility more than the slightly higher up of Utley.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Clowney could play Sunday against the Titans
- Robinson will start at RB vs. Dolphins on Sunday
- Durant is out of a cast and into a walking boot
- Varejao expected to open as Cavs starting center
- RGIII to return after bye week
- Calvin Johnson cutting and running routes
- Tim Lincecum leaves game with an apparent injury
- Titans plan to start Mettenberger vs. Texans
- Buccaneers fielding offers for Vincent Jackson.
- Blake Griffin under investigation for assault