Oracle Report: Pitcher Blast
Oh those mound mavens vex us. Do we believe in the solid starts of guys like Danks, Richards, McAllister and Mejia? Can bullpen arms like K-Rod, Farnsworth or Lindstrom be counted on for the long haul? And what of this Chris Sale who has once again been relegated to the realm of the less than 100 percent club?
John Danks is finally healthy, and he's been very effective in the early going with a 2.84 ERA and 2-0 record through four starts. Don't get too carried away. He's striking out less than five guys per nine, and have you noticed that he only has one more strikeout (14) than walk (13)? His 88 mph fastball velocity is also a career low, about two mph off his average. He's also been very fortunate with that .244 BABIP. Don't count on a sustained run Continue...
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- A.J. Green will practice Thursday
- Welker practicing Wednesday
- Dez not practicing Wednesday
- Stedman Bailey is expected to practice Wed
- Wes Welker will be eligible to play this week
- Vikings intend to bring Peterson back
- Peterson unlikely to play in 2014
- AP won't play Sunday, season status in limbo
- Welker to be reinstated Wednesday
- Hanley Ramirez has been scratched Tuesday
RT @billplunkettocr: 2run HR by Yasiel Puig is his first since July 31. 146 at-bats between HRs this time. Only 3 HR in 335 ABs since May 28