Oh those mound mavens vex us. Do we believe in the solid starts of guys like Danks, Richards, McAllister and Mejia? Can bullpen arms like K-Rod, Farnsworth or Lindstrom be counted on for the long haul? And what of this Chris Sale who has once again been relegated to the realm of the less than 100 percent club?
John Danks is finally healthy, and he's been very effective in the early going with a 2.84 ERA and 2-0 record through four starts. Don't get too carried away. He's striking out less than five guys per nine, and have you noticed that he only has one more strikeout (14) than walk (13)? His 88 mph fastball velocity is also a career low, about two mph off his average. He's also been very fortunate with that .244 BABIP. Don't count on a sustained run Continue...
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- MCW cleared to play in full scrimmage on Nov. 6
- David Wright making progress in shoulder rehab
- Source: Chandler Jones regular season in jeopardy
- Bucs agreed to terms w/ McCoy on 7-year extension
- Lee expected to begin full throwing program in Nov
- A.J. Green not expected to play on Sunday
- Shonn Greene was arrested on Friday
- Raiders plan to activate D.J. Hayden on Saturday
- Calvin Johnson unlikely to play
- Donald Brown hasn't cleared concussion tests
I won't be answering start/sit questions Sunday. Attending co-host on @SiriusXMFantasy - Kyle Elfrink's wedding.