THE THREE WORST LETTERS IN SPORTS... UCL
(image) Matt Moore is just the the latest hurler to be diagnosed with an injured UCL meaning there is an extreme amount of certainty that his 2014 season ifsover, surgery will be needed, and that he won't be ready to start the 2015 season on time. This is yet another example, I don't know how many anyone needs anymore, to show why the idea of drafting a pitcher early makes little sense. Volatility in performance is one thing, we all have to deal with that, but it's flipping insane how many arms end up on the shelf these days, and with surgery needed in many an instance. Here are some of the top arms that have already spent time on the shelf, and we're not even to the mid-point of the first month of the season.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Leonard will start & have no minutes limit Friday
- Rubio reached agreement on a 4-yr $56 million deal
- Orioles declined Nick Markakis $17.5 mil option
- Surgery is now a consideration for Westbrook
- Buxton (finger) underwent surgery Friday
- Cavs officially signed Varejao to an extension
- Colby Lewis will test the free agent market
- Warriors and Thompson agree on new deal
- Cubs announce hiring of Joe Maddon
- Yankees to extend a qualifying offer to Robertson