THE THREE WORST LETTERS IN SPORTS... UCL
(image) Matt Moore is just the the latest hurler to be diagnosed with an injured UCL meaning there is an extreme amount of certainty that his 2014 season ifsover, surgery will be needed, and that he won't be ready to start the 2015 season on time. This is yet another example, I don't know how many anyone needs anymore, to show why the idea of drafting a pitcher early makes little sense. Volatility in performance is one thing, we all have to deal with that, but it's flipping insane how many arms end up on the shelf these days, and with surgery needed in many an instance. Here are some of the top arms that have already spent time on the shelf, and we're not even to the mid-point of the first month of the season.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Reggie Wayne could miss one or two games
- Michael Morse will be the DH in Game 1
- Jadeveon Clowney will not play on Monday
- Rams waived WR Austin Pettis
- Usama Young has a torn ACL and MCL
- Clowney is very unlikely to play Monday
- Wayne will undergo an MRI on his elbow
- A.J. Green (toe) is making progress
- Colt McCoy will start this week
- Calvin Johnson will travel with the Lions