Jesus Guzman faces CC Sabathia. CC looked good this spring, but he looked terrible last year. He will have to face a man who has hit .288 with 12 homers and 51 RBIs in his career against lefties. Could it be Guzman's day.
Matt Joyce faces righty Drew Hutchinson. Joyce hits righties well. Per 500 at-bats the past three years against righties he's averaged 23 homers, 72 RBIs and posted an .821 OPS. He's also a slightly better hitter at home than on the road.
Roman - In theory posting a day early makes sense, but at the same time what about injuries? Weather? Lineup changes? Wouldn't be as accurate if posted early.
Those are excellents tips for the day, but is there a chance it could be posted one day in advance?
Towlie - Weather in OAK is bad. I'd avoid for that reason. Good spring yes, but still not totally sold on him yet. Matchup is favorable.
Thanks for this Ray
I was debating putting Gonzo in today.. Not anymore,,,
Was also wondering your thoughts on CC tonight. Figure he's good for at least 7 innings, decent k's against the Stro's, and really good shot at a win. That and he's coming off a real nice spring.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Romo to take part in the walkthrough Saturday
- Leonard will start & have no minutes limit Friday
- Rubio reached agreement on a 4-yr $56 million deal
- Orioles declined Nick Markakis $17.5 mil option
- Surgery is now a consideration for Westbrook
- Buxton (finger) underwent surgery Friday
- Cavs officially signed Varejao to an extension
- Colby Lewis will test the free agent market
- Warriors and Thompson agree on new deal
- Cubs announce hiring of Joe Maddon