G28 - I think I answered the question about the worth of Abreu with this piece, didn't I? There is also the Draft Guide that includes all the players ranked if you're looking for a side by side comparison. http://www.fantasyalarm.com/articles/flowers/18032/the-2014-fantasy-baseball-draft-guide/
Hey Ray- thanks for this capsule, love your work. One thing I take issue with is your lead, asking if you want the old (Swish, Morales, Howard) or the new in Abreu. The "old" 3 are going nowhere near the new shiny toy (draft slot or auction value). The question we want the answer to, is will he be worth his salt or will the late round guy like Swish be a better bet, both from a bang for your buck perspective or in terms of absolute production.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Hibbert will not play Wednesday
- Wade (hamstring) hoping to play Sunday
- Dwight Howard will not play Wednesday
- Ryan Braun said his thumb is back to 100 %
- McCoy to start. RGIII part of the long-term plan
- Geno Smith to start vs. Miami Dolphins
- Henson Will Not Play vs T'Wolves Wednesday
- Kia Tigers Reject Bid for Hyeon-Jong Yang
- Rose's injury not serious
- Redskins planning to start Colt McCoy Sunday
Quite possible in time. Might be a long wait though. I would pass. RT @uneedacopier: Think Delgado gets voted in?