2014 Fantasy Baseball Player Profile: Jose Abreu
G28 - I think I answered the question about the worth of Abreu with this piece, didn't I? There is also the Draft Guide that includes all the players ranked if you're looking for a side by side comparison. http://www.fantasyalarm.com/articles/flowers/18032/the-2014-fantasy-baseball-draft-guide/
Hey Ray- thanks for this capsule, love your work. One thing I take issue with is your lead, asking if you want the old (Swish, Morales, Howard) or the new in Abreu. The "old" 3 are going nowhere near the new shiny toy (draft slot or auction value). The question we want the answer to, is will he be worth his salt or will the late round guy like Swish be a better bet, both from a bang for your buck perspective or in terms of absolute production.
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Jason Heyward (back) will not play Friday
- “Slight chance” of a Josh Gordon settlement
- Cliff Lee was placed on the 15-day DL
- Hosmer has a stress fracture, may miss a month.
- Geno Smith getting all first team reps
- Cliff Lee has a left flexor pronator strain
- Tigers traded Drew Smyly to the Rays
- Austin Jackson traded to the Mariners
- Rays traded David Price to the Tigers
- Red Sox traded Stephen Drew to the Yankees